Wondering if you can be in a Disney parade? Gosh, it sounds like a dream to be able to ride down Main Street, waving at the crowds lining the streets. Hearing your name announced throughout the park as you move past Cinderella castle.
What if it’s not just a dream?
Truth is, one lucky family is chosen each day to be the Grand Marshal for the mid-day parade at Magic Kingdom. It’s not a privilege that you can request or sign up for. It’s a random pick by a designated cast member.
We have never personally been chosen to act as Grand Marshal for the parade, but I have done a bit of research and have a few tips for you.
- Get to the Magic Kingdom in the morning and spend some time on Main Street.
- Chat with cast members there. Be sure to be personable and friendly. There is a cast member who’s job it is to find the day’s Grand Marshal.
- Do not seem to be in a rush to get anywhere.
- If asked whether you will be in the park all day – Say Yes,
- There is some back and forth about whether matching family shirts help you get noticed. So it may or may not.
I wish you much luck on your quest to be the Magic Kingdom Grand Marshal. I hope these tips give you an edge. When you are ready to plan your next trip, I’m here to help. Request a quote!